Children are naturally attracted to animals, and are especially fascinated by horses. Here at Rocky Mountain Cabin Décor, August is about horses, which is why now is the perfect time to design an equine-themed bedroom for your son or daughter. Here are some fun ideas for a horse-themed bedroom that are sure to delight.
Create a Backdrop with your Walls
Your walls can set the stage for your horse-themed bedroom. Some ideas you may want to consider are:
- Creating a mural that resembles a pasture, complete with trees, clouds and a sky.
- Adding a chair rail consisting of wooden fencing around the perimeter of your room
- Painting your walls a reddish-brown color so they resemble a barn. Add wooden shutters over top of your window to give the illusion of a stall
Of course, you could always paint your walls a neutral color such as tan or beige, and then hang a single accent piece such as a horse blanket or saddle as a focal point. When coupled with our wild horses comforter set, this would make an attractive, horse-themed bedroom that would be perfect for a teenager or young adult.
Rustic furniture works well in any horse-themed bedroom. We have a variety of rustic bedframes made from hickory or oak that would work well with one of our wooden armoires or dressers. To give the room more of a Western flare, you can:
- Turn a canopy bed into a “covered wagon” by draping canvas over the top to make it look like a covered wagon
- Using a wooden wagon wheel as a headboard
- Placing horseshoes on armoire doors to use as handles
- Making draperies or pillows out of horse blankets
When creating an equine-themed bedroom, there is virtually no limit to the number of ideas you can come up with. For inspiration, please visit our online store to find the latest in home furnishings and accessories.