Easter is this Sunday and I bet you’re looking to upgrade that traditional ham dinner!! Try this tasty menu and you’ll have your kids dropping those chocolate treats and asking for seconds of dinner.
Apricot Brown Sugar Ham
* 1 (10 pound) fully-cooked spiral cut ham
* 2/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/3 cup apricot jam
* 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
2. Place the ham cut side down onto a sheet of aluminum foil. I like to put the shiny side up.
Mix together the brown sugar, apricot jam and mustard powder in a small bowl. Brush onto
the ham using a pastry or barbeque brush. Reserve any leftover glaze. Enclose the foil
around the ham and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Roast for 2 hours in the preheated oven, or if you ham is a different size, figure 14 minutes
per pound. Apply the remaining glaze 20 minutes before the ham is done.
Spring Vegetable Bundles
* 4 green onions
* 1 cup water
* 1 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
* 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
* 2 medium carrots, julienned
* 12 thyme sprigs
* 1 1/3 cups white wine
* 3 tablespoons butter
1. Trim both ends of onions; cut the green tops into 7-in. lengths. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onion tops; boil for 1 minute or until softened. Drain and immediately place onion tops in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Chop white portions of onions and set aside.
2. Divide asparagus, peppers and carrots into 12 bundles. Top each with a thyme sprig. Tie
each bundle with a blanched onion top.
3. In a large skillet, place wine or both, chopped onions and vegetable bundles. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Carefully remove bundles with a slotted spoon to a serving plate. Add butter to skillet, cook and stir until melted. Spoon over bundles.
Peaches and Cream Pie
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 (3 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
* 3 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of a 10 inch deep-dish pie pan.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and pudding mix. Mix in butter, egg and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture over peaches to within 1 inch of pan edge. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over top.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown. Chill before serving.